Ideas for a Construction Trucks Themed Birthday Party for Boys
Is your son crazy about trucks, building, construction, and tractors??? Throw your child the coolest, do-it-yourself, low cost construction trucks themed birthday party
We’ve collected some great ideas to plan a party your son and his friends will love…
Decorations & Food:
– Print off some construction signs to hang around the room. You can also make your own with some construction paper. Some good ideas to write on the signs are “Party Zone,” “Caution, Party Animals Crossing,” “Caution, Child’s Name is Turning 2!”
– Collect some toy trucks to use as food serving platters. Line them with foil first, and use a tableclean shovel for the serving spoon
– Make a pasta salad dish with wagon wheel shaped pasta
– A simple way to create a construction themed atmosphere…buy some yellow caution tape to line the tables, doors, and decorate the room. You can usually find these at the dollar store.
– Need some table cloths? Buy a black tablecloth or just line with black garbage bags. Then cut out white rectangles to stick down the middle to make it look like a road.
– Balloons…You can find construction or truck themed balloons from your local party store or online. Otherwise just get some yellow, orange, and/or black balloons and streamers and you’re all set!
– For a cake you can make your own chocolate cake and just stick some little tractors on top. You can mess it up to look like a construction zone with piles of cake to look like dirt. Candy corns work great to resemble construction caution pylons.
Games & Fun:
– Pin the tool on the builder. Cut out, or print out a builder’s body and tools. Put tape on the back of the tools so the kids can try to stick them onto his toolbelt while blindfolded. Print out a picture of your child and paste their face on the builder’s body to personalize the party game.
– Sand box fun. Give the kids shovels, buckets, and trucks to play in the sand.
– Truck painting. Lay out some paper, sprinkle some paint on it, and let the kids paint with little trucks. The colours mix beautifully and the different tires make different tread patterns.
– Make a craft out of sand paper shapes. Cut up some sandpaper into little shapes and let the children paste them onto paper to make a picture. You can also draw out or print a picture of a truck for them to fill in with their sand paper pieces. This is a great sensory activity.
– Do you have a wooden fence? If your party is in the backyard and you have a wooden fence, shed, or something similar, give the children painting brushes and buckets of water. They can then paint with water, a mess-free activity that they’ll love!
– A pylon and truck obstacle course. Find objects that have a construction theme to them and create your own obstacle course.
– Are you willing to get messy? Spray out some shaving cream into a bucket or onto the table and let them play with it. They can drive trucks through it, use shovels, brushes, etc.
– A cute construction themed photo booth accessory from partycity.ca.
Don’t forget your personalized gift to add to the construction and truck theme!
Buy your child our “On the Go” personalized book for boys, a perfect ending to a great construction themed party.
Have fun!!! Have any more ideas to add? Share them with us below 🙂